NextDoor is a family-friendly conference, which comes naturally since it is organized, promoted, and staffed by a family. We, the Klein family, work hard to promote an atmosphere that is friendly, welcoming, and conducive to learning, but we can’t do this without the help of our speakers and attendees.
In order to help everyone at NextDoor to have the best experience that they can, we ask that all speakers, attendees, and staff follow some simple, common-sense rules for the duration of the event:
- Treat everyone at the event with kindness and respect. This will make the event more enjoyable for yourself as well as for everyone else.
- Don’t harass anyone for any reason. Any aggressive, threatening, or demeaning behavior or comments are considered harassment and will not be tolerated.
- Anyone who is harassing another person will be asked to leave the conference.
- If others tell you that you’re being offensive, then you probably are, so stop and apologize. It’s simple and can prevent a world of hurt.
- Anyone who is offending someone else and is not willing to try the “stop and apologize” technique will be asked to leave the conference.
- If you are being harassed or notice that someone else is being harassed, please let one of the Klein family know. We’re here to help resolve the problem. Everyone at the event will have our phone number and email address.
- If you’re not necessarily being harassed but are just not comfortable with something, again, please let one of the Klein family know. We’re here to help.
NextDoor is a place to learn and talk about creating the best software for the most amazing devices, using the most advanced language on Earth. It’s why we’re all here, so let’s focus on that. Together we can continue to grow and expand the Apple developer community.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
– The Klein family